So I’m having an issue updating another plugin on a different WP site. So I tried manually installing the plug by navigating to:
and deleting the theme directly then installing the replacement in the admin panel.
Before I did that I tarball’d the existing html folder pwd: /var/www/:
tar caf ~/site-backup.tar.xz html [create autodetect-compression file]
My manual install didn’t work (well it did, but that wasn’t what I needed). So rather than troubleshoot I reverted back:
rm -R html tar xvJf ~/site-backup.tar.xz -C /var/html/ [extract verbose J-xz-compresed file] chmod -R 755 /var/www/html
All is well.
Back to fixing the theme.